Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    Our separation agreement says that my wife has custody of our children and I have access. I don't think my wife is taking good care of the children. I think the kids would be better off living with me. Can our separation agreement be changed?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    Maybe. You can try to reach a new custody arrangement with your spouse through negotiation, mediation, arbitration or collaborative family law. If that is not possible, you can go to court to ask the court to give you custody of your children. The court can change the custody and access arrangements in a separation agreement if it thinks it would be in the children's best interest to make a change.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner