Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    After a lot of arguments and a lot of time in court, I got a court order for custody of our children. Their father has access. His family lives outside of Canada. I am afraid he may take the children and go to his family's home and I will never see them again. What can I do?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    If your spouse takes the children away from you, he is committing a serious crime (page 46). The police can arrest him and charge him with child abduction. You can do things now that will make it harder for him to leave Canada with the children. There are also international laws to help get children back from many countries. Speak to a lawyer.
    If you think the children are about to be taken out of the country, call the police right away.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner