Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    Does my child support automatically change when my spouse's income changes?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    No. If your spouse's income changes, the two of you may be able to agree on a new amount of support either on your own or with the help of a lawyer or mediator. However, if you can't agree, you will need to return to court to have the new amount set by bringing a Motion to Change. The Ministry's guides to Motions to Change are available at: The new amount will be determined under the Guidelines based on your spouse's new income.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner