Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    A while ago I had a short relationship with Joan. We never lived together. We just dated a few times. We broke up when I found out she was dating someone else at the same time as me. She just had a baby boy, and she says it's mine and she's taking me to court for child support. I don't think I'm the father, and even if I am, I don't see why I should have to support the child.
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    If the child is yours, you have a legal obligation to support the child, even though you and Joan were never married or living together. You would also have a right to access to your child so that you could spend time with him. However, if you believe he is not your child you can request a paternity test. If Joan won't agree to one, you can ask the court to order the paternity test.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner