Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    I am 55 years old. The court ordered my spouse to pay me $500 every month. That is fine for now, but with inflation and the price of everything going up, I am worried that it won't be enough in five years. Is there anything I can do?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    Yes. You can ask the court to add a cost of living adjustment to your court order. This ties your support payments to the Consumer Price Index for the area where you live. Your support payments will then change every year to match the rate of inflation.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner