Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    Weve lived together for ten years. Most of that time, I've been at home taking care of our four kids. If we separate, can I get support for myself?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    You can ask for support. Common law spouses have a right to ask for support for themselves if they have lived together for more than three years or if they have lived together for less than three years but have had or adopted a child together.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner