Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    I am currently separated and my ex and I have joint custody. If she decided to move out of the city or that country, can she do that?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    She would have to have your written approval or obtain a court order without
    your consent is very difficult, although it should be somewhat easier if she had sole
    custody of, according to the Ontario Court of Appeal. In reality, the trial division courts
    make decisions on the child's "best interests" on a case-by-case basis, even when the
    parent leaving has sole custody. However, if a parent with sole custody loses on the trial
    level, that parent may consider appealing to the Ontario Court of Appeal because sole
    custodial parents do very well up there on this issue.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner