Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    I have a one year old child with someone that I no longer have a relationship with not even a civil relationship. All our communication is done via email. He pays his child support on time, but I want something "legal" in writing from him. Do I have to go to court?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    You can either obtain a court order and alienate the guy or you can send him a
    friendly email ? something like "Dear dad of you child who I don't have a civil
    relationship with anymore. I think it's a good idea for both of us to sign a child support
    agreement to protect both of us. I attach a draft agreement my lawyer prepared. What do
    you think? It never hurts to be civil. It doesn't necessarily lead to dancing.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner