Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    I'm self-employed and in 2003 I made a great deal more in income then in 2004 or 2002. But my wife's lawyer insists that she's going to calculate the amount of child and spousal support based on the income I reported in the latest tax returns filed (2003). Is this fair? Is this what the courts are going to do when calculating child and spousal support?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    No. The court should either look at your most recent income (2004) or
    at the very least should average your past three years income if your income
    goes "up and down" or fluctuates because of the nature of your income.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner