Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    I've been paying $417 monthly child support to my ex-wife for years, but since 2003 my daughter moved out to go to university permanently and never comes back to my wife's home, even in the summers. The Ontario Governments Family Responsibility office keeps deducting these support payments from my paycheque. What do I do?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    Go to a competent family-law lawyer who has sufficient experience. The
    lawyer will bring a court application to change (vary)the court order or agreement. The
    lawyer brings evidence before the court to show that your daughter is not living with your
    ex-wife. If she resists any reasonable offer to settle the ex-wife could pay your legal fees
    and court costs. In your case the court will likely eliminate the child-support payments
    and maybe get you a refund.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner