Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    My damages were more than the $25,000 limit. Can I divide up the claim into two amounts?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    No. You cannot sue twice over the same incident.

    However, you can still use Small Claims Court. Because Small Claims Court is simpler and less expensive than the Superior Court of Justice, even if you have to reduce the amount of your claim, you may decide it's worth it to only sue for the $25,000 limit.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner