Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    Something came up, and I cannot be there on the date set for the trial. Can I change the date?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    If you don't show up, the judge will probably rule against you or dismiss your claim. If you have a very good reason to ask for an adjournment (and "I'm not ready" isn't a good reason), you can contact the court office and ask the court to reschedule the trial. You should also contact the other party to get permission to adjourn the trial.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner