Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    I cannot find the defendant.
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    f you think the defendant is avoiding you, file a Notice of Motion and Supporting Affidavit with the court, requesting a substituted service. The court will consider your request, and my allow

    * leaving the claim with an adult relative
    * mailing the claim to the address of the defendant's employer, or
    * posting the claim on the door of a residence
    The defendants do not have to be at home, at work, or even in Ontario when you serve them.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner