Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    What if I am serving a corporation?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    If a corporation does business in Ontario, you can leave your claim with someone who appears to be responsible or in charge of the office.

    It's essential that you know the correct name and address of the company and its directors. Even misspelling the name of the defendant can sink your claim - even if you win, you might not be able to collect. We at My Legal Briefcase recommend that you order a Corporate Profile Report. The report will show you the correct name and contact information of the corporation.

    You might not be able to find the corporate address in person. In that case, send a copy by courier or registered mail to the address that appears on the Corporate Profile Report, to their attorney, and to each director of the corporation.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner