Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    I have maintenance issues in the apartment that the landlord does not want to fix. How do I file a complaint with the Landlord and Tenant Board?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    To file a complaint, fill Form T6 (Tenant Application About Maintenance). On this form, the tenant can ask the board to force the Landlord to pay some of the rent back (rent abatement), order the Landlord to fix the issue, allow the tenant to repair the issue on own and have the Landlord reimburse the cost, stop the Landlord from increasing the rent on the apartment, or end the tenancy.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner