Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    My tenant has caused damage to the apartment. As a landlord, what can I do?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    The landlord needs to inform the tenant about the problem and the responsibility to fix the damage. If the tenant refuses to repair the damage, the landlord can issue a notice of termination of tenancy to the tenant. The notice must be made in writing and in the form that is required by the government. In Ontario, the Landlord and Tenant board prescribes the form (Form N5).

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner