Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    What can I do if my landlord does not maintain my unit properly?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    The tenant has different options such as talking to the landlord about it and presenting to him/her the problems (preferably in writing). If the landlord refuses, the tenant has an option to fle a complaint with the Landlord and Tenant Board (Form T6) or report it to the Investigation and Enforcement Unit. The tenant should not withhold rent payments since doing so allows the landlord to issue a notice of eviction.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner