Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    Can I sue in the Small Claims Court if I am not at least 18 years old OR an emancipated child?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    If you are under 18 years old and not emancipated, or are considered to be not mentally competent to represent yourself, a 'guardian ad litem' (a court appointed officer that will represent you only in the case) must be appointed by the court.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner