Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    Can I get any other costs from the debtor and how do I collect them?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    You can also recover
    - Court clerk fees for issuing a Writ of Execution (Form EJ-130) or Abstract of Judgment (Form EJ-001)
    - County recorder fees for recording and indexing an Abstract of Judgment (Form EJ-001)
    - Statutory fees for the Sheriff or Marshall
    - Costs associated with a debtor's examination (e.g. hearing fee and service of process fee)

    To recover your costs of collection, you must file a Memorandum of Costs After Judgment, Acknowledgment of Credit, and Declaration of Accrued Interest (Form MC-012) within two years of incurring the costs.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner