Find a lawyer to help you answer your legal questions.

  • My Legal Briefcase

    Apart from the parents, who else can be part of the mediation?
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$post_date in /var/www/webapp/ui/mlb_faq.php on line 96

    Court-ordered child custody mediation is generally for parents only. However, if there are concerns about meeting jointly, you can ask the mediator to meet with you and the other parent at separate times. If there is a history of domestic violence you can request a support person to go to mediation with you. If one or both of the parents are uncomfortable mediating in English, they may request an interpreter. The translator will have to be one ready to translate all that is being spoken without adding new information or comments. If you do not know how to find a trained interpreter, you can ask the mediator to help you.
    In some cases, mediators may want to interview your children. Ask your mediator what they do in your court.

    Disclaimer: Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute a legal advice.

Document Banner