My Legal Briefcase and its affiliates are committed to maintaining the accuracy, security and privacy of Personal Information in accordance with applicable legislation.
- We pledge to hold all information you provide to us in absolute privacy.
- We will NEVER share your name, e-mail address or personal information with any third party except to fulfill your order, unless specifically authorized by you.
- We NEVER sell or rent our mailing list.
- Only authorized employees may access your information. All employees are strictly required to adhere to our privacy policies.
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
- Why do we collect your Personal Information?
- A Special Note About Children
- To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- Marketing, Advertising, and Sponsorship
- How May You Obtain Access To Your Personal Information?
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
What Information Do We Collect?
Canadian privacy legislation defines "Personal Information" broadly as information about an identifiable individual or as information that allows an individual to be identified. For the purposes of this policy, Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual as defined from time to time in applicable privacy legislation. Generally speaking Personal Information does not include what is considered business contact information: your name, title or position, business address, telephone number, facsimile number or e-mail address.
Types of Personal Information
The types of Personal Information that My Legal Briefcase may collect about you includes: (i) 'Contact Data' (such as your first and last name, physical street address, city, state, zip code, phone number and email address), (ii) 'Demographic Data' (such as your postal code and gender), and (iii) other 'Legal Data' (such as Personal Information about witnesses, family members, beneficiaries, directors, officers, employees, adverse parties, parties-in-interest, investigators, decision-makers, experts, other professional advisors and our customers' business partners, investors, shareholders, competitors and customers whom are individuals). This Personal Information is necessary to generate the products and services created by our software program.
Traffic Data and Information
Through the combination of both internal and third party tracking code as well as cookies, the following categories of information are tracked when a visitor enters the Site: (1) IP address; (2) geographic; (3) domain servers; (4) type of computer used to access the Site; (5) types of web browsers (collectively 'Traffic Data'); and (6) search keywords. My Legal Briefcase uses such data for general marketing purposes and in order to help enhance customer experience on the Site.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
My Legal Briefcase utilizes a number of internal and third party methods to recognize visitor data such as IP addresses and browser settings (Collectively 'Visitor Data').
My Legal Briefcase's internal servers and software automatically recognizes Visitor Data. No personal information is revealed in this process. The Site may also use such Visitor Data to compile traffic data about the kind and types of visitors that use the website at specific intervals (Collectively 'Traffic Data).
Third Party Websites
My Legal Briefcase may maintain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the Privacy Practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the Privacy Policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
User Choice Regarding Collection, Use, and Distribution of Personal Information
You may choose not to provide us with any Personal information. In this case, you may be able to visit the Site and browse frequently asked questions; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of the website which require your Personal information.
If you do not wish to receive information and/or promotional materials from My Legal Briefcase or from our partners, you may select the appropriate 'opt-out' at the time you create your account or may unsubscribe from our mailing list on any one of the promotions or other materials we send to you.
Why Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
In general, My Legal Briefcase collects, uses and discloses Personal Information about our customers and service providers in order to provide our customers with our services. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS SITE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, BUT GENERAL INFORMATION ON LEGAL ISSUES COMMONLY ENCOUNTERED. MY LEGAL BRIEFCASE IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR A LAWYER OR LAW FIRM.
My Legal Briefcase collects, uses and discloses your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Contact Data and Traffic Data is used to gather general statistics regarding our customers and visitors respectively, in order to enhance the consumer experience on the Site. We may also use demographic data in a manner that does not identify you specifically or allow you to be contacted but does identify certain criteria about our users in general. For example, we may inform third parties about the number of registered users, number of unique visitors, and the pages most frequently browsed.
- We also use Contact Data such as name, physical address and email address to provide special information and promotions regarding our products or in order to contact the customer regarding an order or update you on deadlines.
- We do not gather Financial Data, such as credit card information. Any such data will be through a third party service, and their use is strictly for the purposes of processing or completing the financial transaction for your order.
- Your Contact Data may be used to contact you in order to follow up with transactions initiated on the Site, inform you of any changes, and send you additional information about My Legal Briefcase. We will not share your Personal information with any third parties, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law. We do not sell Personal information to third parties.
- We may use Traffic Data information to analyze our Website Traffic but such information is not examined for Personal information. We may also use such Traffic Data to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and Transaction Information may also be shared with business partners, affiliates, and/or advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
- We may use your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
A Special Note About Children
Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Site unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Site in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
We believe that the content contained on My Legal Briefcase does not appeal directly to children of 13 years old or less. We do not knowingly direct our advertising at children under the age of 13, except as permitted by law.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
My Legal Briefcase will keep your Personal Information private, and will not share it with third parties unless you specifically approve of the disclosure, or if My Legal Briefcase is required by law to comply with a valid legal requirement such as law, federal regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Website Areas Beyond My Legal Briefcase's Control
The Site may include interactive forums such as message boards and chat rooms. Please note that any Personal Information disclosed in such areas is public and becomes public information. You should use caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
My Legal Briefcase also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of My Legal Briefcase or of any of the business or assets or shares of My Legal Briefcase or a division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
Facebook, Twitter, and StumbleUpon
The Site allows you to connect your account to and post links on social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter or StumbleUpon. My Legal Briefcase will use the information from the Site so that you can share public content with your friends and/or followers
Marketing, Advertising, and Sponsorship
We may also use, but will not disclose, your personal information to promote and market additional goods, services and special offers from us, our affiliates and sponsors, including by means of direct marketing. To ensure advertisers understand who our clients are and what they are interested in, we will compile your information and create general profiles of our subscribers' demographic information and interests. However, we will never share any PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE information with our advertisers.
How May You Obtain Access To Your Personal Information?
At any time, you may visit your account profile by clicking on login link which will take you to the following url address: https://www.mylegalbriefcase.com/myaccount. Through your myaccount page, you are able to (i) review your files/documents, (ii) complete any pending forms/documents, and (iii) begin a new order.
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, My Legal Briefcase will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to our Privacy Coordinator, using the contact information below.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
To help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information, the Site employs administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your Personal Information. Where Personal Information is sent to a third party for processing we ensure, through our contacts with them, that all Personal Information is kept secure. We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems.
Our Commitment To Data Security
We strive to make certain that your Personal Information is stored in secure locations in Canada and on servers that incorporate the encryption and security devices. To prevent unauthorized access, we have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Your personal information is transmitted to us by secure servers. Documents are delivered to you either via priority mail, via your Personal e-mail, or accessed through our password protected website. All passwords are MD5 encrypted.
Retention of Records
My Legal Briefcase currently retains Personal information for a period of seven years.
Lost or Stolen Data
My Legal Briefcase has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, destruction and alteration of the information that you provide us or we obtain from you. We will have no liability however to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, destruction, or alternation.
IF FOR ANY REASON YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR PRIVACY HAS BEEN BREACHED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SITE, YOU MAY CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT (416)669-1394.
For information on My Legal Briefcase's privacy practices, please contact the Site's Privacy Coordinator at:My Legal Briefcase
251 Consumers Road